Application Procedure, including Conditions of Acceptance
When you apply for information about enrolling your child at St Joseph's School, we:
- Verify your child's eligibility to attend.
- Give you this Prospectus.
- Check and photocopy your child's passport.
- Arrange an interview for you with the principal.
At the first interview with the principal, we discuss the possibility of enrolment. If we offer you enrolment, we:
- Receive payment of the fees from you and give you a receipt.
- Complete the Offer of Place form.
- Make sure you have a copy of the Agreement to Provide Tuition Services for you to read, sign, and return to the school.
- Give you a short tour of the school.
For acceptance on the roll of St Joseph's School, your child must be living with a parent or legal guardian, OR (if your child is in year 7 - 8) with a designated caregiver (DCG) or in a homestay. No other accommodation option is acceptable.
You must apply to the New Zealand Immigration Service for a visa naming St Joseph's School (this may take 2-3 weeks).
Once you have the visa, you must contact the school and arrange a second interview with the principal. At this interview, we:
- Take a photocopy of the visa.
- Complete the Enrolment Form.
- Complete the Indemnity Document for Designated Caregiver, if applicable.
- Receive a signed copy of the Agreement to Provide Tuition Services.
- Arrange a starting date and (provisional) placement for the student.
- Tell you the uniform and/or stationery requirements.